Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving

Did we make a bunch of wild food for Thanksgiving this year? Survey says: NO! The couple weeks before Thanksgiving were a frenzy of projects to bring to a close a remodeling project we were doing. And, honestly when we were elbow deep in wall paper removal, painting and picking out faucets and such, I was pretty proud to get Ramen noodles on the table. Cooking Wild . . . had to wait a bit. But, Wednesday evening at 5:30 pm the contracter left, we swept up dry wall dust and by 7:30 pm my sister and family were piling in for the holiday. Did I feel a little guilty when my asthmatic niece started weezing from the dust that was not cleaned up yet? Yes sirree.
Every year we have a large Thanksgiving meal with my immediate and extended family at our house. My job is to provide the venue, throw some sweet potatoes in the oven, and that's pretty much it. Everybody that comes brings their specialty dish so it's not too burdensome on any one of us. I did make my first repeat recipe out of the book this year for Thanksgiving, though. I made the pear pecan upside down gingerbread cake again, and yes it was well recieved.

No comments: