Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Crawfish Vol-Au-Vent, page 112

From Fred:
Things I learned from this recipe:
You can buy frozen crawdad tails in a flat package of the frozen fish section in our grocery store.
They cost $20 per pound.
I have a hard time paying $20 a pound for anything, even though I know the money I sink in pursuing fish or game usually results in spending far more than that.
This recipe put those tails to good use. I have no idea what it was like to make the recipe, as Ann did it while I was at work. But I can tell you that eating it was divine. The meal was better than you would get at any restaurant, even those with the $50 entrĂ©e. So the $20 per pound crawfish tails  were a real bargain.
As you can tell from the pictures, Ann put on an elegant spread for the final recipe. This was a good one to end on.


No comments: