Friday, February 24, 2012

Permimmon parfait, page 163

OK, this is a recipe that I was just sure that I wasn't going to like because, I am afraid to say, that straight up yogurt makes me gag. The recipe is quite simple: persimmon pulp, yogurt and nuts. So, here's what I did. After making the second to last persimmon dish with what I thought was the last permisson pulp (turns out I was wrong, there's one more zip lock in the freezer) I kept the empty persimmon zip lock out and thought I'd scrape the inside with a spoon to get enough pulp for one spoon full of the parfait. However, someone threw the zip lock away, so back out of the trash it wall pulled for the one spoon full, last of the persimmon recipes dessert.
In actuality if I wrote the recipe for this parfait it would have to go something like this:
1. Throw zip lock bag of once frozen persimmon pulp in trash.
2. Ressurect it from said receptacle.
3. Carefully scrape inside of bag with spoon to harvest any remaining smudges of pulp. Be sure to only scrape the inside of the bag since the outside will likely have coffee grounds and who knows what else on it from previous trash involvement.
3. Squirt come yogurt on half the spoon, top with a nut and call it good.
4. If you can not stand yogurt, hold your nose to eat. Option B: give the spoon to someone else and tell them you generously made a spoon-sized parfait just for them. You determine if honesty is the best policy when it comes to the trash history of the main ingredient.

There you have it. I went with option B on step 5 and the whole trash thing was already "out of the bag" so I had nothing to hide, or no way to hide it at least. And, even with all this drama, I think the taste tester, my daddy, was perfectly happy eating the parfait. It is simple, and healthy, and I think he enjoyed it. 

How many daughters make a spoon-sized parfait for their father anyway. You are welcome, Dad. You are welcome.

No comments: