Thursday, August 30, 2012

Fettuccine with chanterelles and smoked trout, page 1

OK. This is the last of the mushroom recipes. Shew. We did it! I worked a bit like a dog to get in all these mushroom recipes with the stash I nurtured from Portland. We made two mushroom recipes out there, and six recipes with the mushrooms I brought back, pretty much one after the other. It seems like I took one day off in that race-oh, yea. I made tuna patties one night just because they sounded wonderfully simple to make and light on the tummy, too. They were awesome!

OK. Back to this recipe. What can I say? Cream, onions, smoked salmon, wild mushrooms, herbs, lemon juice, pasta . . .it was wonderful. But, you've heard that before haven't you?


We all loved it. Boys ate it up, bla bla bla. Really, I found again that I enjoyed it more reheated at lunch. While these recipes are not terribly hard at all, it's sometimes a bit much to do on a week night. I often find myself frazzled after cooking these dishes, taking photos, trying to get the family to sit down to eat, etc. Lunch is a calmer time and I can enjoy what I've got in front of me.

No comments: