Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas nutcracker


Our Woods to Food Christmas Gift Poem
by Ann Koenig

I didn't get a llama for Christmas
To munch on our lawn like I dreamed
Not sure quite what I was thinking
Apparently not logic, it seemed.

But, under the tree what could there be
But a spring loaded device of new
With a lever and cams it's cooler than lambs
This nutcracker will surely do.

So, all you walnuts beware
And, hickories you'd better hide, also
'Cause I don't think there's a nut in the world
This baby can't crack with gusto.

And to all the family and friends
who from us recieved a copy
of our new favorite gift to give 
A signed Cooking Wild in Missouri

Let me extend the offer
If you're ever driving past
To bring your whole nuts to our house
Our nutcracker's built to last.







No comments: