Thursday, September 1, 2011

Catfish Tacos

The first recipe, Catfish tacos. Like a goofball, I went to the farmer’s market the day Fred went catfishing and what did I buy? Fresh trout! After Fred came home with several pounds of catfish meat, that trout went into the freezer. I definitely wanted to use at least some of the catfish while it was fresh and to get our project started. Fred had kept up his end of the bargain by bringing home the proverbial bacon. Now, it was my turn. I chose the catfish tacos as the first dish because tomatoes are in season and I had several from the garden and ‘cause I thought the recipe would show off Fred’s catch well. Oh, lordie, the tacos are so good. The family absolutely loved them as did I. They are so worth making. I’m a little bummed that I might not make them again for a bit since I want to use our remaining catfish for the other recipes in the book. I used cabbage rather than lettuce but other than that kept to the recipe.




No comments: