Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Turkey Biscuit Pie

Wild turkey dropped biscuit pie. OK, Fred had made a trash can turkey for a campout (see the previous post), so we had leftover turkey and I am into my project now, so I went ahead and made this dish with the trash can turkey. Hey, it was cooked outside so that counts for something, right? Totally yummy. Actually I made two of the dish. The first one I used biscuits dough that I had already made and had in the freezer. The whole family liked it a lot, I would say especially Oliver. He had four servings for dinner. The second time I made the dish I stuck to Bernadette’s biscuit recipe, used the remaining turkey from the campout and then put the whole dish in the freezer before it was baked. I am hoping it freezes well-don’t  see why it shouldn’t.

No comments: