Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Thai Venison Salad

Ann here. I opted to use some of last year’s deer for Thai venison salad. Oh, my golly. It’s amazing. It’s an outstanding enough dish that I found myself moping a tad about going to that much work and having that much success with just the four of us for dinner. The meal looks like company’s coming.
 Using cucumbers from the garden, it makes for a great summer dish. One thing I’d like someone to shake me like a paint can if I do again: I bought key limes rather than regularly sized limes to save a buck. So very not worth it. Juicing those little babies it mui frustrating to make a whopping cup of juice, especially for a week night meal. I wonder how Bernadette put those pretty grooves in the cucumbers. I cut them with a knife and got a similar but not as good a result.
 I grilled enough loin to make two dinners worth of meat.  And, I thought the amount of sauce to marinade the meat in was twice the amount needed for one dinner. So, it was a very easy second dinner a few nights later. All you have to do is make up the salad part the second night. So, it is as easy as leftovers while tasting unleftovery fresh. Like the catfish tacos, Fred did fall out of his chair again for this dinner. Henry, our 10 year old did great with it. Oliver, well he tolerated it, especially since we served it both nights with rice. What a colorful, healthy fresh meal. Make it, make it, make it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To get the grooves in a cucumber, use a zester that looks like it has 5 little rings at the top.